Leica Geosystems offers the Leica ScanStation series as an integrated part of a complete scanning solution including hardware, software, service, training and support. 3D laser scanner data can be processed in the industry’s leading 3D point cloud software suite, which consists of Leica Cyclone stand-alone software, Leica CloudWorx plug-in tools for CAD systems and the free Leica TruView. Tailor-made training together with a worldwide service and support network ensure the very highest productivity and low cost of ownership.
High-Definition Surveying not only offers many benefits to the measurement professional, but also to the recipients and users of accurate spatial information. Civil engineers, plant designers, CAD professionals, architects, contractors, forensic investigators, archaeologists, and owner/operators can all reap the cost and added-value benefits that HDS provides.
Cost Saving Benefits
HDS systems can provide significant cost savings in many ways:
- Lower cost as-built & topographic surveys
- Reduction or elimination of costly "return visits" to the site
- More accurate, complete as-builts for retrofit design projects translate into better retrofit designs. These translate, in turn, into (1) less construction rework due to interferences and fit-up problems and (2) the ability to factory-fabricate instead of field-fabricate.
- Reduced facility downtime due to (1) fast, unobtrusive scene capture and/or (2) minimal field fit-up, field fabrication, and field rework thanks to accurate as-builts
Added Value Benefits
In addition to direct cost savings, HDS systems offer important "added value" benefits:
- Faster results
- Shorter project cycle times
- Better quality results
- Less ambiguity - more complete
- Higher level-of-detail
- Safer data capture
- Unobtrusive data capture
- Point clouds can be conveniently used & reviewed by others for more efficient management of projects